Tuesday, October 28, 2008

105... and still counting!



This is my great grandmother... her name is Rodell Walker and she just turned 105!

My great grandmother is a huge inspiration to my family and I thought how appropriate to blog about her. If you ever get the chance to meet her, you will leave a completely changed person. I don't see how anyone that is as old as her can't have any wisdom. It is like she know's the "key" to life or something!

My grandmother has pretty much seen it all! She walks 3 miles a day and has seen all 50 states... 3 times! I haven't seen all 50 states once yet! She doesn't eat anything that we eat... she calls it "death on a plate". I am starting to believe her!

I know that this will probably sound very weird, but when she doesn't pass away, it will be a huge shock to us. We really aren't expecting her to pass away anytime soon. The last time she went to the hospital she was in her early 80's... for gall stones. She truly is the healthiest person I know.

She says that the key to life is to love the Lord, do what's right, and don't worry about anything else. I'm starting to really believe her! She also says to have a glass of wine... it relaxes you!! I love my great grandmother very much. She amazes me and makes me strive to be a better person.

She is in 100% great health. She takes no medicine, and remembers everyone... she even remembers my husband Karnell who she's seen only once... at my wedding (she was 102)! If 105 looks like my grandmother... than bring it on, because I want to live just like her! I love you grandma!

2 comments:

Forever For Evie said...

Wow!! What an amazing woman!! And she's so adorable =D She may outlive us all!! :P

Forever For Evie said...

You've been tagged...see my blog for details!