
This post is a contribution to a very dear and close friend of mine. Her name is Sarah. I went to school with Sarah way back in 3rd grade. Ever since then, we have been really good friends. We have been through a lot and have seen a lot together.
The reason that I am blogging about her is because I want to let everyone know that staying connected as friends is a two way street. Everyone has that "friend" that doesn't ever call them, or email... for all you know, they might not even live in the same city anymore. I would just like to say that Sarah and I have remained good friends for over 20 years!
Now with that being said, I just would like to add a side note. Sarah and I don't talk to each other every single day, and for that matter, we don't talk to each other every week. We are both very busy... she is a wife and has four children and lives in Blue Springs ( KC area), I am also a wife, and I have a very demanding full time job. I live in Springfield, MO.
Even though Sarah and I may not talk to each other for awhile, I know that at any moment, I can call her up, and she will make time to listen. The same applies to me. We also find ways of communicating other than phones... myspace, facebook, emails, blogs, etc. It is in moments like these that I can tell that we are meant to be friends. Nothing gets in our way of staying friends, and when we do talk to each other it's nothing but a good time.
Sarah, I would just like to say thank you for being there for me for over 20 years. You are such an amazing person and a great inspiration to me. Nobody makes me want to have children and be a great wife more than you do. I know that if you can do it, so can I... some day with the kid part at least! Even though we don't talk every single day, I feel very connected to you and your family. My prayer is that we have 20 more years of a truly great friendship. You aren't just a friend to me, you are like a sister. I want you to know that if you need anything, I want you to let me know. I love you and my prayer is that the Lord truly blesses you and your family for being such a dear, sweet friend to me. I love you, Sarah!

2 comments:
Thank you so much LaTisha!! That brought tears to my eyes. I feel exactly the same way! You have been an inspiration to me too. I do hope we remain friends for the rest of our lives...forget 20 years, let's make it another 70! =D I pray for God to bless you and Karnell!! You are such an awesome friend and I'm so blessed to have you in my life!! I love you!!!
Latisha, I know exactly what you mean, I have 2 friends that I have had since birth, and I have a few from highschool, but we are talking 15-28 years of friendship! those friendships are absolutley priceless!! oh, and I linked you on my blog!
Post a Comment