So I have been on this soapbox for a while... you know... marriages. This past weekend Karnell and I went to a marriage training seminar. Before too many thoughts start running through your head, it was for work. I recently got "promoted" at work to where I teach relationship and marital classes for new or expectant parents that come through the Center. Well, one correct... I don't just teach them, Karnell, my husband teaches them with me.
So I heard of some very interesting, and sometimes disturbing information in regards to marriage. So I thought how appropriate to share what I learned with you... my ciber audience! I am more than likely going to have a small series of blogs, so, I hope that I get good feedback! I want you all to be a part!
I will share statistics, and other interesting facts! I'm going to start chronologically... meaning... single, dating, engaged, married, divored, and we will even touch on remarriage. Now, for the record, this is just what I've learned and have been trained in by Forest Institute here in Springfield. Most things I've experienced in some shape, form or fashion. One thing that I don't know from experience is remarriage... I've only been married to Karnell. Ok, let the ride begin!
The statistics: In 1930 84% of couples were married, in 1990 it was 56%, in 2005 it was 49.7%. The probability for divorce in blacks 70%, whites 47%, high school drop outs 60%, college graduate 36%, under 21 years of age 60%, over 21 years of age 40% In an Oklahoma Statewide survey...the reasons divorce happened: lack of commitment 84.9%, too much arguing 59.2%, infidelity 57.5%, married too young 42.9%, little to no marriage prep 41.4%, economic hardship 38.9%, domestic violence 30.1%, religious differences 20.6%.
So there you have it folks... these are just the statistics. This is good stuff, so you don't want to miss out! Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment