What is the point of arguing? What does it prove? Is there a point that is "suppose" to be made? One thing that I have discovered is that I hate...utterly hate arguing. The thing that I hate to admit is that if you are married, arguing is the inevitable. Nobody told me that was apart of the "package" of getting married.
It is amazing what you will find yourself arguing over...typically it's something that doesn't have substantial value. Meaning one or two weeks from the argument, it will become irrelevant. The main reason an argument happens is because and expectation didn't happen. Whether it was communication, misinformed, hurt feelings, disrespect...the list could go on and on.
I do believe that there is a such thing as a healthy argument. Meaning something positive was accomplished...some type of ground was covered. And by the way, the whole saying to "agree to disagree" is a bunch of bull in marriage. Someone always wants to "win". They want to make sure that their point of view was seen, heard and understood. Not only that, but they want to know that you are going to change. It is almost like it's a demand.
So, if you can't avoid an argument, and they are apart of marriage...is there a way to argue in marriage?
When I argue...I get beyond upset, and it takes me a very long time to "cool" down. Maybe not the best way to handle an argument...but nevertheless, that's how I am. If I should be different, or whatever, please let me know. When I say a long time, it can take a couple of days...
So, for all those reading... what are your thoughts about arguments?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that the reason arguments become such a problem is because both individuals are acting out of their flesh. When I have been in an arguement and one member of the discussion is behaving in a spirit-controlled manner, it usually dissipates or becomes a positive discussion instead of an argument. when Tim and I argue and I take the time to stop and think about it (which is hard in the heat of the battle) I usually see where I am just as wrong as him. The problem is that I want him to admit it first, and he won't, so we just both stay stubborn and mad at each other.
Post a Comment