Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Disturbed...

Ok, so I have totally found a new passion. It is one that I didn't know existed. My new passion is pregnant teens. So for about a month I have been working for Pregnancy Care Center here in Springfield. I have been exposed to more than the average Joe has seen. To be honest, I'm seriously disturbed. Without disclosing any personal information (to protect the girls I know) I will give you a brief over view of what I've personally seen. There have been girls that are 11 years old and pregnant come to the center!!! Some of these girls come from very bad situations, while others said that they were bored... If you are that bored and you feel that sex is your ONLY alternative... all I can say is wow!

Not only that, but this week has been the first full week that I've been able to teach in the schools. I am teaching 6th graders...6th graders that can't read or write! Are you kidding me?!! So, you can only imagine how difficult it is to teach abstinence when they can't read or write. I am spelling words left and right for these little kiddos.

So most of you know that the alternative to Pregnancy Care Center is Planned Parenthood. For those that are a little naive, Planned Parenthood supports abortions. In a Planned Parenthood agency in Kansas City, it isn't UNCOMMON for a girl to go into the clinic more than 6 times for an abortion!!!!!! Not only that, but the boyfriend is typically paying for all of them!

Is anyone out there seriously disturbed by these statistics?! I would admit, that I have lived a sheltered life; and I new that abortions and young mom's was an issue, but give me a break. Having multiple abortions and being 11 years old, pregnant and can't read or write...that's an issue.

This will be my soapbox for awhile, so get ready for a pretty intense ride. This makes me beyond angry. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

MommaHarms said...

I think waht you are going to be doing is so great, but it will be hard on you emotionally! Hopefully you can get some good thoughts into the mind of some of these girls and guys before it is too late! How sad that such young girls have lost their innocence!