If you know me at all, you know that I have this "man" figure in my life...called a husband. The reason I say "man" figure is because for our whole marriage, we really haven't had time to really enjoy being married, because he always worked.
When I first met Karnell, he worked at Cheddar's in Springfield, he had a constistant schedule--but still very rough hours. The consistency really helped us, or I think it would be safe to say that we probably wouldn't be together...
Once we moved to KC, he got his first management position at McDonalds. That was a shocker because his schedule was not consistant and he worked every possible hour that was available in a day. Not so bad because we were engaged; I was living with my mom, working and planning a wedding, so I didn't have a lot of free time to begin with.
A few months before we got married, he moved to Jack Stack BBQ where he was the back of the house manager. Better pay...horrible hours! The better pay cushioned the blow of not seeing him. He only got Thanksgiving and Christmas off, anything else he had to request it off, and still was no guarantee that he would get it. He worked there a little over a year.
Next in line after that was Panera. Again, better pay...much better pay and now we were looking a decent hours. Things started to smooth out! We were able to see each other, get ahead on bills...the whole nine. Then we moved back to Springfield...
He went back to Cheddar's (also better pay) because there were no positions at Panera at the time. So back to working horrific hours. I would like to say that I hated it with a passion. I was lonely...all the time. Karnell finally said, enough is enough. And decided to try for Panera again...it worked!
Karnell has been at Panera for a month now...and loving every moment of it! Not to mention...better pay! Karnell has had his weekends off for 4 weeks in a row! That hasn't happened in the history of us knowing each other! He only works late 2 nights a week, and we've had a blast. I've had more fun with Karnell these past four week than I've ever had...take that back, the most fun I've had with him was on our honeymoon--that was a whole week of vacation, and no job to go to at all (for the both of us)!
I can officially say, I'm lovin' it! Things are looking up...once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm happy you are doing so well!
Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!!
Post a Comment