Yeah, he looks real cute when he's sleep!
Jett and Karnell
Jett when he was a little younger!So if any of you know me at all, you will know that I have a small zoo at my house! Two birds- George and Macchiato, and a dog- Jett. Well, Jett has been getting into trouble for a while now. When I say trouble...let me explain. While Karnell and I were in Denver, CO Jett decided to break through his crate and "anoint" every room in our house (our newly remodeled house). Not only that, he ate our blinds, shredded our curtains, ate up our base boards, and chewed up our carpet. He did all of this in one day! Our friends that were dog sitting are true friends, because they had cleaned up the mess before we got home. So now you are probably thinking why didn't we get rid of him...because he's so stinkin' cute! Karnell, and his "man" authority decided that Jett was no longer an "inside" dog, he had to stay outside. Well, that was a bad decision because Jett decided that he was going to eat through our phone wire...6 times! Karnell, is now saying get rid of him...so I put him on craigslist. We started doing some research to find another dog...I found one, a beagle! Now, Karnell is saying don't get another dog; Jett just needs to go to doggy school... So, now what do I do? School and patience or adoption and new dog? He is a good dog when we are around, it's when he's left unattended that he decides to create havoc! Well, if you are reading my post, let me know what you think...in the mean time, here are some pictures of Jett the Terrorizer! By the way, the birds were never touched!


2 comments:
Oh bother! What a cute little pill! Andy and I have been looking up information on dog training because we're about to get a puppy, and it said that a dog will terrorize things if it thinks it's the alpha dog and by leaving him you're saying you have left his pack. But if he thinks he's the beta dog, he will be better behaved because you're the alpha dog in his mind.
Anyway, maybe look up some ideas online. :) That's always my solution to everything--GOOGLE!
I would recommend looking at the stuff by the Dog Whisperer (I love his show!) Often dogs who do not get enough exercise will act like that when their owners leave, is what he says. He also says the same thing Bridget says. I have a beagle, adn they are quite cute, but they get into a lot of things! Also, if they are left alone too frequently they howl something fierce. We have another dog, so she does OK when we leave for a while.
Post a Comment