Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love my family!!!!!






So I have quite a bit to tell you in this post. First of all, I just want to say that I love my family. I grow closer to them each and everyday. I also realize that without family, on earth, we have nothing. I am nothing, without my family. For the last 2 1/2 months my family has been tried in different areas, and we are still strong, and love each other more today than ever before. It's amazing! OK, now that that's out of the way...Karnell was in this huge drum competition held at Guitar Center. For those not in the musical world, that is a very well know music store that sells predominately guitars, of course, keyboards and drums/percussion. Anyway, he entered the competition in Kansas City and didn't win, he didn't even place. He was a little sad, but I believe he knew what to do to make it better for the next time he would enter. This past Wednesday he entered the drum contest along with 7 other drummers. It was pretty intense. The talent varied greatly. I was a really neat experience if you ever get the chance to go. Well, needless to say, Karnell won!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe it, I was jumping up and down in excitement. So he gets to compete again on October 3, if he wins there, he will travel to Denver to compete! We are very excited. If he wins the whole competition, I believe he gets endorsements, a car, and some other cool stuff! Don't quote me on that though...I am so proud of him. He sets the bar high for himself, and he amazes me with his talent each and every time. I is a bad drummer! I stand in awe when he plays. When I listen to him, it's as though I can connect and feel what he's playing. I love the sense of closeness. I'm only that close to him when he plays. I mean when he's playing, he's telling a story and his whole being is in it. I connect with that, I understand every note, it's like reading a great, novel, a true page turner! OK, enough of that. If you haven't picked it up by now, I love my husband. I love you baby! OK, here are some pictures my family and some pictures that I took at the drum competition. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Forever For Evie said...

Hey LaTisha!!
Thanks for the b-day card!! I needed all of your new info. I'm gonna try to call you sometime this next week. I've been horribly sick this whole week :/ Congrats to Karnell!! That's awesome! I can't believe how big Tay's (I don't know how to spell her name :P) kids are getting!! Last time I saw her baby, he was tiny. Tell her I said hi! Anyway, I have a webpage too. You can check it out. :D OK, that's it. Have a good week!!