Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Willpower and Discipline

These two words have become the death of me. At one point in my life, these words held great value. Today, they are words with little meaning. The sad part about these two words is that, once they are mastered... achieving anything is now an obtainable goal. Without these two words, in my opinion, you won't get very far. So, the next logical question would be to ask, what is my definition of these two words.

Willpower: simply put, it is the driving strength to break past what is natural, convenient, and easy (aka our flesh).
Discipline: training your body, mind and spirit to stay in a constant state of willpower.

You cannot have willpower without discipline and vice versus. If you have one without the other, long term success will not be achieved. It is also my opinion that to be be in full discipline mode, body, mind and spirit have to be in sync.

So, why am I writing this blog? I am extremely weak in both areas; and I am tired of it. I am hitting a stage in my life where if these two simple words don't start to have meaning and value to me, a lot of things will slip through the cracks. In my mind, I can achieve anything, but my heart does not agree.

I put up a ridiculous front to try and appear as though I have it together, because heaven forbid if anyone were to really see my weakness. I tried the "fake it, til I make it" mentality, and to be honest, that got me nowhere!

So it is time to revamp. I am doing an extreme makeover--life edition. I understand that I should probably take baby steps to self improvement, but for me, that does not work. I must make hard choices today, to make tomorrow better. Yes, it will be hard. Yes, I will get mad. Yes, my body will try to refuse. But, I am bigger than all those obstacles, and my will must be broken.

So, as of today, January 31, 2012 at 11:15am... a new LaTisha is in effect! I am ready!!

No comments: