Is there truly such a thing as falling out of love? I mean seriously. I hear that phrase all the time..."oh, we just fell out of love". What does that mean? I know that people say that they fell in love, but to be honest I don't know what that means either. Is falling in love the realization that you care for a person more than words can describe? If so, then why don't people just say that.
In marriage, does it only take love? Is there more to it than that? Some would say yes, others would say no. For that matter, is love worth fighting for, or your spouse...whom you love? Love can get sticky in rough times; especially if it's not consistant.
Lets take "God is love", for example. Mathmatically you are saying God=love, just like 2+2=4. You aren't saying that if I add 2 and 2 I might get 4, it IS 4, every single time, you can switch the number around, and 4 will ALWAYS be the result. So if you relate that to God, no matter how you move Him, He will always equal love. So then I can't help but ask the question...what is the true definition of love.
Encarta dictionary defines love first as a verb: feeling tender affection for somebody; then as a noun: passionate attraction and desire. In both of these definitons, love sounds like a choice. You pick and choose who you will love. So if you can pick and choose who you will love, then that must mean that you can pick and choose who you won't love. The only kicker is that if we claim that we are Christians, then we are like Christ. Christ is apart of the trinity, and therefore He is love as well.
So the question still remains, can you fall out of love... The reason the question is still a question? Because God gave us free will, and with that came the freedom of choice. So, for all those reading, what do you think. Can you fall out of love, and if so, how?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that people who think they can "fall out of love" are the same people who fall "in love" because of a strong physical or romnatic attraction. When that wears off, and it does with time and when the two don't work at it, they think they are no longer in love. However, when you view love as a choice to put that individual above all others in your life, you can't really "fall" from that. You can choose to elevate someone else above your love, but that, again, is a choice.
Post a Comment