Well, most of you know, but some may not... Jett was hit by a car yesterday, and didn't make it. I would honestly say that he was a special dog to me. In my whole life I've never had a dog. Matter of fact, I've never owned any pets growing up. It wasn't until I was in college that I had my first pet; Theodore- a guinea pig. I was living with Jodi and Lindsay at the time...he got sick and pasted away. I felt sad, but didn't even cry. Then I got a parakeet- Rainbow...she also got sick...real, real sick and passed away as well. Theodore and Rainbow both lived the "The Cabin" that was the name of my house in college. I am convinced that that house wasn't conducive for pet living, and that's why my pets got sick.
While having Rainbow, Karnell got me George- another parakeet. So the transition from Rainbow dying and having George was wonderful. I cried, but only for a little bit. The main reason I cried was because I saw Rainbow suffering like you wouldn't believe...my heart just ached for her.
For a long time we only had George (about a year) and then we got Macchiato- another parakeet! Karnell and I felt that George was lonely and needed a friend. Which might I add, they absolutely love each other!
Once we moved to Springfield, we got Jett. I blogged about him in earlier posts. Even though he ate everything in sight, he was still my friend. Karnell is always gone, and I felt such peace knowing that Jett was with me. I told Jett things that I wouldn't tell anyone else. Last night was so hard for me because I came home and he wasn't there. I am so grateful that Karnell was off yesterday so that I wouldn't be home by myself.
I would just like to say that I will miss you Jett, you were a great dog, and a wonderful friend. I am so sorry that your life had to end so soon. You brought many smiles to my face, and made me feel better. You will be greatly missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a pet is never easy!
Post a Comment