Friday, November 2, 2007

Two Love Birds!

So as most of you know, we have two parakeets- George and Macchiato. I thought I would tell you a little bit about them. If you have never had the pleasure of meeting them, you are missing out on some hilarious stuff. George and Macchiato are crazy about each other... I mean madly in love! George is always next to Macchiato. Constantly rubbing his beak in her feathers, around her hair, kissing her...the whole nine. My family constantly tells them to get a room! Karnell and I get embarrassed sometimes, because people are so fascinated by their attraction. You would think that with all that love in the cage, that they would love to share. Oh, quite the opposite... George is a pig, that hates to share! He races Macchiato to the seeds dish so that he can get fed first. Well, Macchiato is no dummy; she has caught on to his little scheme. So now, maybe a half hour or so before I feed them, she is standing right next to the dish so she can get fed first! Macchiato waits patiently as I take their seed dish out of the cage, dump the old seeds and put four scoops of fresh seeds. In to the cage it goes. Macchiato, very calm, steps up to the dish, and starts to eat... George, panicking, hurries to get there only to find that Macchiato is there first. She spreads out her wings, so that George can't get anything until she's done! So my question is... Is that really love? Hey, maybe that's their culture!

No comments: