Since moving back to Springfield, it seems as though adversity has came my way from every corner. So to try and wrap my finger around all that has gone on in the past 3 and a half months, I will try and sort things out in my head via blogger.
Karnell and I started looking for houses here in Springfield, way back in April. I would say that from April to June, Karnell and I spent almost every weekend here in Springfield, trying to buy a house. Don't forget that Karnell was working 50-60 hours a week and I had been working extra hours as well, so that we would have enough money to move.
As you all know, moving in and of itself is stressful. Karnell and I moved to Springfield, June 29. We signed the papers, got our keys, got our check, and headed off to unload boxes. That was an all day event. Mind you, I had job interviews in between that, because I didn't have a job yet! My sister was suppose to come down, but didn't get the chance so I had to drive my family back to KC and then turn around and come right back to Springfield. Boy was I tired. A week and a half later, my whole family comes down to see the house.
A week and a half after that, I got a phone call saying that my brother Michael lost his newborn baby girl, a couple of weeks after that, I found out that my sister was in a fire, and had second degree burns on her hands, arms, and legs. She lives in California, but flew home, so I went to spend the weekend with her. A couple of weeks later. Karnell wins a drum competition, and has to fly to Denver to compete. Good news of course, but it's just one more emotion to try and handle. A week and a half after that, I got a call saying that my brother Brian was in a car accident. He had stitches in his head, and his car was totalled. A week and a half later we find out that Karnell's grandpa had past away and we needed to go to St. Louis. But we were broke and didn't know how we were gonna go. Next thing we knew, we had an extra 400 dollars, so not only could we go to his funeral, but I'm able to fly to Denver as well to see Karnell compete. Just a few days later from finding out that Karnell's grandpa had passed away, I found out that my grandpa had past away. And to that, just an hour later, I found out that my cousin, in KC, had been murdered. All of this is happening while we are in St. Louis for the funeral. I have been a nervous wreck all weekend. Karnell and I have tension, and I am so stressed out that I can't breathe. I can't take off any days of work, because we need the money.
It's times like this that I think about that verse that God won't give you more than you can bear. He must think that I'm really strong, or that I really need to see him and his mighty power. I really needed to get that of my chest. If you read this blog, please say a prayer for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment