Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Importance

Well, today I embark on a new adventure. I am on the quest to discover myself. I know, you are probably thinking, why now...don't you know who you are? My reply would be, no, do you? I have pride myself in being what everyone else wanted me to be, that I became this generic person, ready to mold in whatever form was needed to fit the occasion. My moving back to Springfield has really opened my eyes to a world that I never knew existed. As many of you may know, my sister was in a fire a couple of weeks ago. Seeing her on Saturday really put things in perspective for me. Life is short, what you do in your lifetime determines who you are. Here I am, knocking on 30's door, having accomplished what? In my eyes, nothing. My parents raised their children to be successful, independent, God fearing individuals. I have done nothing but move from that. Sure, my life is not the life of a bum, but pretty dang close. Where's the pride in who I am, what I'm becoming? So, I decided to take a long look at myself and see what I could change so that I can be a better person, not for others, but for myself. What can I do today that will impact my tomorrow? Life is too short, not to accomplish what I desire. Yes I know that in the overall scheme of things, God has the final say, but I am going to strive for my dreams until I hear different. Life and the Pursuit...

No comments: