Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Way too much...

So... I've decided that I'm officially way too busy. My life picked up and ran... quick, fast and in a hurry! I don't even have time to blog. I love blogging so the mere fact that I don't get the chance saddens me. Well enough about being busy... I do have some thoughts on my mind.

Ok, so I've have been totally submerged around pregnant people. Whether it be my friends (which I have quite a few) that are pregnant, recently had babies, or starting their 2nd or 5th child; or at my job, where I'm faced with pregnancies all day long; I can't deny that it appears that everyone is having "baby fever".

So for the longest time I have convinced myself that I was TOTALLY not ready for children. But as time progresses, I start to see my dear close friends start to have children and I am starting to get more and more motivated.

I guess my question for the day is: am I one of those people that "won't" be able to get pregnant? Now, I'm sure you are curious as to why I'm asking that question. Here's why: Karnell and I have been married 3 1/2 years today, and we have in no way, shape, form, or fashion stopped a child from entering the world from the moment that we said "I do". So, in my head, I feel as though it's safe to at least question that as a possibility.

Also, I know that being pregnant and actually having the child is expensive... and Karnell and I are not ready to handle that type of responsibility. (If you want to know more about that... facebook me!) On the flip side of things, I do want a family and I don't want to be 35 years old when I do... so I guess, how do I get over this hump that I'm in... Any advice from those out there?

2 comments:

MommaHarms said...

Well, some of the best advice we ever got is that you can never afford a baby. I don't know your situation and planning is always good, but most people cannot afford a baby, but it works out somehow. I'll pray that you will know God's timing in this.

Matt and Jodi said...

Girl...think of Matt and I and our situation when we got pregnant! If you wait to be finicially ready, you won't ever have kids. It took my parents a long time to get pregnant and the doctor told her that she had to relax! So just have fun and when God wants you to have one...he'll let you know :)